Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Jojee - Poison Fruit

Following last year's release of her sensational 5-song debut EP, Low Key, New York City-based songstress Jojee, who recently quit her job in fashion to focus on her music career, has today unveiled her new single called "Poison Fruit", which marks a slight deparature in sound from what we've previously heard from Jojee on tracks like "Think Of Anything" and "Unravel Me" as this time she allows her vocals to shine at full capacity atop a slick arrangement that seamlessly blends together elements of both pop and funk. "Poison Fruit" also serves as the first taste of her forthcoming sophomore EP, due out later this year.

Speaking on the track, Jojee says:

"I went through a bit of a rough patch in both my personal life and with my music. Writing 'Poison Fruit' was kinda like turning over a new leaf. Not only was I able to get the sour emotions I'd been feeling out but it brought me back to the roots of why I began songwriting. I would say this is Chapter 1 in my new book."

Listen to "Poison Fruit" below.



Premiere via The Line of Best Fit.

https://www.facebook.com/jojeemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment